Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply

reload147

reload147

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
HI there,
I got lots of svchost in processes, I got like 7 running in my comp... found that out from ctr+del+enter then processes.
I got comodo firewall and I think that svchost is connecting to my internet.. right now it shows... like 0.5% in my comodo firewall and when it shows 100% from svchost my internet starts to go slow and sometimes crashes my computer...
So I have researched about this svchost.exe and it said that this is a XP program that manages dlls and stuff and xp cant run withought svchost.exe. long time ago my svchost started acting weird like windows said it had some problems and need to shut off... and a window appeared( where it says send error report). Yesterday only when comodo showed svchost as 100% comodo showed 68 outbound access and it crashed my firewall :)
I dont know whats going on..........

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Uninstall Comodo and activate windows firewall. Reboot. If the computer runs well reinstall Comodo, if you wish. Make sure that you don't have two firewalls running at the same time.

reload147

reload147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I have disabled windows firewall ages ago.. though it worked fine before

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Did you uninstall comodo?

reload147

reload147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
is there another... good free firewall that you recommend?

Edited by reload147, 31 May 2008 - 03:17 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Microsoft's is good enough for me. We want to remove Comodo to pinpoint the trouble. Latter you can install it again if you wish.