Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost files

• Please log in to reply

atavism

atavism

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok im very new to this so please help. i turned on my pc thismorning to find all of my files,pictures,video,music etc had moved to a folder named "recently changed" also some of my programmes had been arased completley from my programm files. my desktop had returned to its original state with only the basic shortcuts showing. My account is classed as the administrator but the other user on this pc has had no changes like mine. Anyone help please??
ps i cut and pasted all of the files back to the original folders then deleted them from "recentley changed" which in turn deleted them again form the originals....its doing my head in!!

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
I would suggest that you run an Antivirus and Antispyware scan.

You might be able to get your files back in their proper places with recuva:
http://www.vista4beginners.com/recuva