Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

having multiple issues (virus/malware/popups), unsure of a pinpointed

• Please log in to reply

atalagirl

atalagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok, i found my first major casualty from everything we did above. nothing with adobe shockwave or flash seems to work. i uninstalled everything rebooted installed rebooted, and it still isn't working...

i also wonder if this is related to why i keep getting script errors from yahoo messenger when it tries changing ads.

any ideas?

Edited by atalagirl, 07 June 2008 - 12:08 PM.

Advertisements

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hi atalagirl. I don't know what that would be. If it won't install then it could be one of the antivirus/antispyware or other security programs blocking the registry changes. Try disabling everything and see if that works. The same could be said for receiving content. Make sure that nothing is blocking any internet content.

I would suggest posting on the Applications forum and see what they say. They can assist with installations and program settings.

Cheers.

OT