Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezing/Acting buggy

• Please log in to reply

Airoch

Airoch

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello I have been playing the new Age of Conan and sometimes it will have a few different problems playing. It will distort all the colors and hardlock, or hardlock for 10-20 seconds with the music looping in the background fast then it will unlock and be fine. Other times it will do the hardlock with the music looping then crash to a blue screen of death. This is what the info says.

It is being caused by the file NV4_disp says the device driver got stuck in an infanint loop and the tech info said. Stop: 0x000000EA (ox88dd5808, 0x88db3ca0, Oxbacbbcb4, 0x0000001)

I also had some problems like this running world of warcraft but this this bad. I have everything turned down to the lowest setting to run alright but even then I get some bad FPS. I usually run all other games with the settings maxed with no problems.

I have a AMD Athalon 3500 with a 7800GT. It uses a Asus A8n-SLI motherbord with 4 x 512 DDR NON-ECC PC3200 400Mhz ram using windows XP I think home edi.

I have tried to explain this as best I can as I only know the basics about computers. Any help would be great :) thx

Edit: I went to canyourinit.com and it said I had passes all to run AoC. I also was also going to upgrade my motherboard and sound drivers. I did my motherboard first and now after I run the canyourunit.com. It says I have You Have: NVIDIA® nForce™ Audio which is different from before it said I had RealTek 97. So now I dont know why it did this or how to update my sound card driver. :)

sorry about typos, recently broke my collar bone.

Edited by Airoch, 01 June 2008 - 02:12 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nv4_disp.sys is your display driver, not your sound driver.
When you upgrade drivers on a board with Nvidia chipset, it's normal for the sound driver to morph from a RealTek variant into an NVidia Force Audio one.
If you have issues with Nv4_disp.sys, you should upgrade the graphics drivers first from the Nvidia website.

Airoch

Airoch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have the latest driver for mt 7800GT. It should be---> driver version number: 6.14.11.7516

I also have this new weird thing that has happened. I have a "safely remove hardware" on my mini task bar thing. When I goto it. It says I have MAXTOR 6L200SO at location 0. It says it is one of my disk drives but I have no idea why it showed up there. And I cant do anything to get rid of it. I dont really want to stop it because I cant remove it. Anyways more help would be good :) ty

Airoch

Airoch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Bump?

After the blue screen of death it does a dump of memory or something. After I restart I get the Windows error report that has some more info I thought I would post.

Error signature.

BCCode : 100000ea BCP1 : 88B6D598 BCP2 : 89AFC408 BCP3 : BACDFCB4
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Technical information.

C:\DOCUME~1\Eric\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8b22.dir00\Mini060108-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Eric\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8b22.dir00\sysdata.xml

Airoch

Airoch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Bump? :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The "Safely Remove Hardware" for the hard drive is normal. You won't be able to stop it.

The blue screens may be caused by faulty hardware (memory or graphics card) or a faulty Windows installation. Software such as MemTest86 is designed to test system memory if you leave it running for a few hours, preferably overnight.

Airoch

Airoch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
the "Safely Remove Hardware" wasent there a few weeks ago.

And the Memtest thing...from what I read you need a floppy disk drive which I dont have?