Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

File comparison

• Please log in to reply

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
I need a program for WinXP that is capable of comparing two files and determining if they are the same or not.
The same meaning their contents are exactly the same. More specifically, I need to compare two source codes
and know if they are the same exactly (maybe not the spaces or line breaks and maybe comments) but I'm sure you know what
I need. It's been a while since I've touched a certain source code and I need to know if it's the same as the one
in my backup. The last date modified isn't enough for me nor is the file size.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
old DOS utility called WINFC allows a side by side compare of text files to see the differences between them.

Found this one and its pretty cool:
2 or more multiple file cross compare. Graphical highlighting for that area that are different.

Great for old and new batch file/vbs scripts, ect.

http://www.sourcegea.../downloads.html

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Thanks a lot. Can't believe I missed this when looking through the new posts. :)
Thanks to topic subscriptions! (again) :)