Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps returning to log in screen

• Please log in to reply

mjmondry20

mjmondry20

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am running windows xp on a laptop. It recently had a virus and I went through the steps in removing infected files through a spy removal program. After deleting files and registries, I rebooted and it took a long time to get to the log in screen. Finally it did and I clicked on my name and put in my password. It then says "Loading Personal Settings", flashes to a screen, then returns back to the log in screen saying "Saving your settings....". Next, it asks for my password again and goes through this over and over. I tried loading in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, and return to a time when the computer was stable. And everytime its the same result as before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I went through the steps in removing infected files through a spy removal program. After deleting files and registries

what program did you use...
you will probably have to do a repair...lowdown is here..