Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

toshiba s4747

• Please log in to reply

midniter

midniter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The situation is that ..... I have laptop Toshiba satellite s4747 which came with Vista.
I downgraded to XP and now many things are not working.

Can someone help me figure things out....

1. Atheros Wireless.....I have downloaded a driver named awlc4030_v4_0_0_1733.zip
After i unzipped it i got some files....i still dunno how to set up a wireless connection.

2. Logitech Mic......I can only use built-in microphone of the laptop. I purchased logitech mic but it is just not working i dunno wot the prob is. Maybe i need a driver. This is the logitech mic i have h.t.t.p://w.w.w.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=60438&parentCategoryId=4&categoryId=110000&subCa tegoryId=140050
(Notice the h.t.t.p://w.w.w. <<<< i cant put a url on this site yet )

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
midniter,

Hello and welcome to Geekstogo.

To connect to a wireless connection you want to click on start. Then click on connect too. Then you should see a option for wireless.

That should bring up a window letting you know wireless networks in the area. Go ahead and select YOUR wireless network. You will need a wireless router in order for this to work.

As for your logitech mic issue. You want to go Into Control Panel(Click on start then click on control panel). Then click on classic view. Now click on sound and audio devices. That should bring open a new window. Now click on the audio tab. There you should have a dropdown for you mic. Go ahead and select the mic you want to use and click on apply.

midniter

midniter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks so much for the reply

I download fro Vista to XP.....Toshiba s4747 laptop it had atheros wireless icon in Vista
but after the downgrade i dunt see that icon and hence i think i might need a driver to make it work with XP

i wana catch wifi signals like from other ppl's computers or in a hotspot areas

As for the logitech mic i duno where i throw it if i find it i will plug it in to see if ur technique works ...anyway thx 4 taking the time to reply