Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flec006.exe....help 3 days in [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello roy4423...

loophole has asked me to help you with your format and reinstallation of Windows. I'll need just a bit more information from you before we begin.

Is this a brand name (OEM) machine such as Dell, Hp, Compaq, etc...? If it is, what's the make and model number?

Will we be using a retail version cd or a recovery disk supplied with the machine at the time of purchase to accomplish this?

Is your Hard Drive SATA or PATA? If you have an OEM machine, I can probably locate this information using the make and model number.

Once I have this information, we can begin.

wannabe1

Advertisements

roy4423

roy4423

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks Wannabe1, I was able to get the reinststall completed. The whole boot menu part of a computer is scary if you don't know what to do.

I really had a hard time dealing with this, but as I look on the bright side.... I have learned a lot about rootkits and viruses and also how to reinstall windows xp :)

So I really appreciate all the help from you and loophole

Hope I don't have to talk to you guys soon :)

Edited by roy4423, 03 June 2008 - 12:40 PM.

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Glad you got it fixed :)

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.