Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

VIRUS!

• Please log in to reply

Nav_k

Nav_k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
OK OT!

Thanks i will get back to you in a couple of days. I may have another virus which hijacks the browser. In Mozilla as you probably well know you can just type 'Google' in the address bar and the Google webpage comes up. However recently if i do this I it goes to website called 'instafinder'. How may i get over this problem?

Thanks

Advertisements

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hi Nav_k. That should be able to be uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs. Look for either MegaSearch or InstaFind. They are the same thing.

Cheers.

OT

Nav_k

Nav_k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi OT!

The Problem has been solved. Thanks a lot!

Nav

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Glad to hear it Nav_k. Then let's do some final cleanup to reset the System Restore points and remove all of the tools we used during the fix and then you are all set.

Step #1

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected)
1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
[/list]
System Restore will now be active again.

Step #2

To remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created do the following:

• Start OTScanIt
    Click the CleanUp button
  • OTScanIt will download a small file from the Internet. If a security program or firewall warns you of this allow it to download.
  • OTScanIt will delete any tools downloaded and files/folders created and then ask you to reboot so it can remove itself. Click Yes.
After that you are good to go.

Cheers and Happy Computing!

OT