Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do i need a new hard drive?

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
i did that and everything is working fine now! except there is one big problem. now for some reason or another i cant access my external maxtor 3200 usb external drive. it shows up in my computer when i click on it, windows asks if i want to format it, but of coarse i dont, because it has all my music and movies on it. how can i get windows to recognize it and not format it???
thanx

Advertisements

Tech08

Tech08

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hmmmm that I am not so sure about.... well give me some time i will try to research it.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
thanks a lot.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have a look at this link. Look for your drive and research troubleshooting and frequently asked questions.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
well it looks like my problem was that i disconnected the external hard drive too many times by just pulling the power out instead of "safely removing it" so now it is fine, but i lost all my data :) i also found out that my windows was having problems because of the antispyware program, threatfire. oddly, this was recommended by maximum pc, but when i uninstalled it, everything works fine. so ill just stick to avg and windows defender. thanks for all the help everyone.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Our pleasure.