Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPod not seen/Won't sync

• Please log in to reply

Nemo JVN

Nemo JVN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed Windows XP SP3 "small" version (200+MB). Following that installation whenever I try to sync my iPod, iTunes opens and immediately goes into "not responding" mode until I disconnect the iPod at which point iTunes immediately resumes "running" mode. The iPod shows up in Device Manager as an "Apple iPod" under Disk Drives, and as a "USB Mass Storage Device" under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. It does not show up in Disk Management or in Windows Explorer. My other USB devices seem to be functioning normally. The iPod functions normally in standalone mode. I've since done a system restore to roll back the "small" SP3 and I've installed the 550+MB version in its place. That seems to have corrected all the problems that began with the original XP SP3 installation except the iPod recognition/sync problem. Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try reinstalling the ipod software