Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX unrecoverable error in Call of Duty 2

• Please log in to reply

Spookyfish

Spookyfish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Sorry to start yet another thread on this, but I've looked through this site and several others for a while now and found no answers.

I'm experiencing the unrecoverable error message when I try starting CoD2.

I downloaded DirectX 10, but when I check my graphics properties, it still says 9. Either way, that should be good enough to run the game, so I'm confused.

I already tried some of DirectX's solutions like sound card acceleration and graphics changes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a Dell Inspiron 530. My video card is an Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just saw another thread saying Intel Integrated sucks for playing games, especially CoD. I guess that's my problem.

Edited by Spookyfish, 01 June 2008 - 08:40 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, your issue would be that your laptop graphics will not support gaming.

dx10 is for vista only.