Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DirectX unrecoverable error in Call of Duty 2

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Sorry to start yet another thread on this, but I've looked through this site and several others for a while now and found no answers.

I'm experiencing the unrecoverable error message when I try starting CoD2.

I downloaded DirectX 10, but when I check my graphics properties, it still says 9. Either way, that should be good enough to run the game, so I'm confused.

I already tried some of DirectX's solutions like sound card acceleration and graphics changes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a Dell Inspiron 530. My video card is an Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100.

EDIT: I just saw another thread saying Intel Integrated sucks for playing games, especially CoD. I guess that's my problem.

Edited by Spookyfish, 01 June 2008 - 08:40 AM.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
yes, your issue would be that your laptop graphics will not support gaming.

dx10 is for vista only.