Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System hammered by MSServer and other likes

• Please log in to reply

DeepXP

DeepXP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, it's my first post here.. found about the forum from google....

I will quickly give brief on the issue I am facing..

On one of my friends' desktop (which runs on Vista), some registry entries are causing problems. I found the stuff in msconfig, some entries like MSServer, CMDS etc.. are not allowing to use google or any search engine. Also, it masks adsense ads with their own fake anti-spyware software ads. (Names like WinAnonymous, AntiSpyWareMaster etc..)

I tried scanning the machine using Nod32, Ad-Aware and Spybot but they could not fix anything but using Spybot I managed to block those registry entries.

Basically these things are controlled by dll files located under user's temp folder (Under Appdata/Local) but the system is not allowing me to delete those dll files.

I ran Combofix, it did manage to fix up few things but the files are still present.. I have attached following files:

Screenshot of MSConfig screen
ComboFix Log File
Hijackthis Log File (Ran after ComboFix)

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Regards,
Deep

Attached Thumbnails

• msconfig.gif

Attached Files

Edited by DeepXP, 01 June 2008 - 03:36 AM.

Advertisements

DeepXP

DeepXP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any idea guys?