Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant disconnects from internet. :(

• Please log in to reply

marcc

marcc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey,

I've been using this site to troubleshoot for a while now, but this problem really needs some detailed help and you guys have appeared to be great at helping out people with network problems.

I have a Motorola SBG900 modem
and a Netgear FS105 router

My Internet disconnects about every 10minutes and the lights on the modem start flashing, then all the lights reset and i have to wait for the modem to reconnect. as you would realize, this is really annoying while playing online games which require a constant connection :) .

I've tried directly connecting with just the modem; and also with the modem and router. both disconnect frequently.
sometimes if I'm lucky. It will not disconnect for an hour or so.

If you need more info to help me fix this problem (which I'm sure you will) just let me know what info you need and how i can obtain it.

Thanks guys.

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
First, Welcome to Geeks-To-Go :)

Secondly, have you had your modem/connection checked out by your ISP? It sound like to me that you may either have a faulty modem or there is something wrong with your line.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Exactly what Gravity said is my thought too.

marcc

marcc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok so i call up my isp and getting my modem replacement is easy enough. how can my line be checked for faults? does the technician just need to do a call out?

thanks guys.

marcc

marcc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
new modem on its way :)

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Yes, a tech would have to come check the line. Let us know how the new modem goes.