Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Would like background image 100% by 100%. Possible?

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Ron:

I'm so silly.

The image is Vector. I can just resize the image to something around 1600 x 1200 and use the code you gave me. Then, for majority of the people who visit the site, the background image will just spill off the page. That's OK.

That should work, right?

I think I can take it from here.

You've been a great help.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would leave it as a slice and let it tile horizontally and increase the height only to 1200. A 1600 x 1200 image is just too large. Didn't it tiled just fine in the horizontal direction at your max res?

Ron

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Ron:

Yes, it did tile across the screen correctly at a larger resolution.

I'm thinking though that if I only enlarge the height, the honeycombs will be stretched tall and will look funny. Even if they don't, they won't resemble honeycombs and that's part of my theme.

I guess you're saying that an image of that size will be too big a file size?

My photo editing software will allow me to optimize an image for the web. I can have the image come in with different passes. On the first pass, the basic image is drawn but is very fuzzy. On the second pass, more detail is added. Passes continue until the entire image is loaded to is normal clarity. I suppose this still isn't the optimal way to handle this situation. I don't want my customers to have to wait on some huge file to load. Maybe I can get the resolution up there where I want it and get the file size down.

Thanks,

Magus

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not if you maintain the same aspect ration for the image. The width will increase somewhat, but not by that much and the overall file size will still be much less than trying to do a full screen image. More width may interfere with it tiling properly is the only thing you may have to look out for. Try it and see.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Magus:

Check this one at your all your resolutions and let me know if it works for you. New Image

Ron