Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

5.1 audio mix in media players

• Please log in to reply

Charlie_Brown

Charlie_Brown

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Geeks! I'm writing on this site in hopes of finding a solution to an "odd" problem. It came to my attention that while watching a DVD in 5.1 sound in the "Videolan" media player, the voices were removed and I was left with only the music and sound effects. And see, to me- that was wonderful! However, I had to do a complete system restore (this was because of something unrelated). And now, while using the media player, voices are there but are very faint. I want it back to how it was before.

I'm posting here because I KNOW that this is not specific to Videolan. As, before the system restore, the "no voices" effect happened in windows media player as well.

I've experimented with my speaker options and funny thing- I can get the 5.1 audio mix to PLAY CORRECTLY (as in, everything at a normal volume level)

But, as I sometimes enjoy the music used in films, I'd like to try to get my computer back to how it worked before the complete system restore.

If it helps, I'm on a HP laptop, with windows xp.

please help me get rid of those annoying voices :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some DVDs have separate audio tracks that contain only the background music and sound. Have you tried changing audio tracks?

Charlie_Brown

Charlie_Brown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for responding! Yes, I have tried changing audio tracks and of the DVDS I've tested, none have that function. But, as I said- somehow, with the 5.1 audio mix on, the voices were removed. So, I'm trying to get that back.

Charlie_Brown

Charlie_Brown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone else have any other ideas??