Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

what kind of mother board do i have

• Please log in to reply

utellme

utellme

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i have a compaq presario 5000 internet pc. it has 751 mhz cpu i wont to find out what socket it has to put in a cpu.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Did you go to AMD's site and search your processor?

If you had, you would have found out it was a Socket A aka Socket 462 processor.

Murray

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If your machine is working you can download and install Belarc Adviser and it will tell you many things about your computer. You can also look in Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information to learn about it. I saw a machine with similar specs that used a slot-A AMD processor. You may also just be able to open the cover and look at the board to find the number. Sometimes Compaq would use standard boards and sometimes they were proprietary.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Sometimes Compaq would use standard boards and sometimes they were proprietary.

That is true but a socket A processor will only work in a Socket A board no mater what regardless id it is standard or proprietary. :)

Murray