Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Hotmail , White Page

• Please log in to reply

JoxonDandry

JoxonDandry

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Theres the image, Hotmail does work on IE7 But does not work on my Firefox? and its such a weird error on firefox maybe this is a unique error that no ones had before? or maybe its something else i dont know, Help please. This is what happens everytime i log in (using firefox) i hate IE7 i just wont use it.

Blank Weird Page Hotmail

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is no problem using Firefox for Hotmail. Therefore the issue is something you have running on your computer or in your Firefox.
What extensions do you have installed? (Tools menu -> Add-ons) These are prime suspects for interfering with web page loading.
Have you tried reloading the page in Firefox when this happens?

JoxonDandry

JoxonDandry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
My Firefox Extensions Are:

IDM CC 5.3
McAfee Site Advisor 26.6
RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 1.0
Talkback 2.0.0.11

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Okay, have you tried Firefox in (Firefox) Safe Mode and Firefox with a new profile? The safe mode is basically Firefox without any gummings.
http://www.borngeek....ofile-tutorial/ for details on new Firefox profiles.

JoxonDandry

JoxonDandry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hey again i investigated and explored and at last by the way same thing happened with Safe Mode aswell, anyway back to the point when i close my Zone Alarm (Suite Version) hotmail then works on Firefox but how is ZA blocking hotmail? ill investigate into it more.

EDIT

Hey i think i have fixed it, This is what i did just to let the world know
Double Click Zone Alarm Suite, Go To the privacy tab, then go to site list, then find 'hotmail.com' , highlight it,
right click it, click 'options', on the cookies tab untick all, inluding the other tabs which are ad blocking and also mobile code
so make sure all is UN-ticked. , EDIT: Do the same with 'msn.com'

Thanks Neil Jones for trying to help.

Edited by JoxonDandry, 04 June 2008 - 10:31 AM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Told you it was something you had running on the computer :)
But glad its sorted.