Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A simple .MOV video file editor for Windows?

• Please log in to reply

The_Mastermind

The_Mastermind

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Windows Movie Maker doesn't support my cam corder's .MOV format. I don't want to use a converter, because it takes out a lot of the video and audio. So is there any simple video editting programs out there (preferably free, but doesn't have to be) that would let me trim, add titles, use effects, etc for .MOV video formats for Windows?

I'd also prefer if the video editting program wasn't to complicated to use (example: Pinnacle, ULead).

i need something simple, like as simple as windows movie maker

Edited by The_Mastermind, 02 June 2008 - 05:25 PM.

Advertisements

nicb1977

nicb1977

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So is there any simple video editting programs out there (preferably free, but doesn't have to be) that would let me trim, add titles, use effects, etc for .MOV video formats for Windows?

Hi

Try to use VideoChrage, simple and easy soft.

The_Mastermind

The_Mastermind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
That program doesn't have good trimming options. Can you suggest something else?

ladaphnego

ladaphnego

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Another way to edit MOV files here: www.faasoft.com/articles/mov-editor-on-mac-and-windows.html

Basic editing includes: cut MOV to capture your favorite clips, crop to remove the black edges around your MOV video, merge multiply MOV clips into a big one, split MOV file by chapter, rotate MOV movie 90 degreee/180 degree etc, add subtitle/audio track/watermark/effect to MOV video, adjust MOV video image, capture your favorite pictures from MOV movie and so on.

Advanced editing includes: adjust MOV video size/quality, change audio channel of MOV video, increase or decrease MOV audio volume, adjust MOV bitrate/sample rate, remove audio from MOV, adjust MOV aspect ratio and other more advanced settings.