Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PDF Files won't open

• Please log in to reply

Gords

Gords

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I am currently having an issue with opening up PDF files. I uninstalled Adobe on thursday because it wasn't working, then reinstalled it, and it worked again until this morning, then suddenly nothing. Any suggestions as to what I can do to keep it working? I haven't done anything different, no new programs installed, just suddenly failed.

Thanks,

Gords

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A bit like saying my car won't start, why won't it start.

Need more details.. What error messages are you getting? The fact it doesn't work is unfortunate but no point stabbing in the dark with a solution that may be off the mark.

Gords

Gords

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
The point is I'm not getting ANY error message. It just won't load. The hour glass shows up like it's trying to load, then it disappears, then nothing. Doesn't matter how many times I try and open it, I get nothing.

Gords

Gords

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
****UPDATE****

After making sure my computer was in normal mode and not diagnostic/selective start-up, I re-started my computer again and it seems to be working correctly. Will keep an eye on it and update if it happens again. =)

PS. It had been in normal originally, I didn't change anything, just started up correctly.

Edited by Gords, 03 June 2008 - 06:11 PM.