Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Calibration Error.

• Please log in to reply

MoonieAirRose

MoonieAirRose

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi :) , I was wondering whether anyone could help me with solving this error which comes out when trying to burn a DVD with Nero 7 Ultra Edition.Furthermore I have tried disabling the "IMAPI CD BURNING COM SERVICE" but I still have this same error problem, though CD burning seems to be working, also I have tried with different media, and at different speeds but all in vain.So I was wondering whether this could be solved or do i have to replace my DVD writer( Plextor PX716A) because it seems to be out of its warranty period (1 year warranty, used for 2 years).I would be grateful to you all for helping me and guiding me to solve this error.Though my opinion on this was that maybe my lens would be spoilt but it seems to write a CD so that shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks. :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A power calibration error is caused by the inability of a DVD-RW drive to use a DVD-R or DVD-RW disk.

DVD-R and DVD-RW disks themselves have information written on them, within this Media ID code there is information that the drive uses to calibrate itself to the disk, when a drive first starts to write to a disk it will burn a small amount of data to a calibration area on the disc, using the calibration information in the Media ID code, and then try to read back the data that it has written. If it cannot be read, then disk will be ejected and fail with a power calibration error.

A power calibration error is normally caused by problems with the media itself, though in time it can also refer to an issue with the CD device itself as a lot will depend on how its been used and how often its been used.