Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Internet Security 2005 Is being horrid!

• Please log in to reply

Guin

Guin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Argh!

My NIS 2005 decided to semi-install itself, and now it wont let me install it again, or uninstall it.

when i start the computer up, it comes up with the set up window, which i go along with, but it then stops on teh second page when it's 'gathering information...' its stayed gathering for a whole day and doing nothing else.

ive checked in task manager, and the program is running fine.

It installed the parental controls, so i cant access load of websites, or msn messenger, but i cant edit it either. :mad:

i cant delete all the files through control panel, it wont let me delete LiveReg or NIS2005 main file.

it wont let me install over it, and keeps trying to install something, then coming up with an error message that says NIS2005 does not support the repair function. (im not doing anything to prompt the random attempts to install stuff.)

im at the end of my tether, i have no idea how i can get rid of it!

Help?!!
:tazz:

Advertisements

stallionsims

stallionsims

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hi,
use this link to get rid of nis 2005 of your system.u need to download the symnrt.exe tool(symantec norton removal tool) fro here.use it.
post if u were successful.
http://service1.syma...=&osv=&osv_lvl=
-stallion.

Guin

Guin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thankyou!!
All Sorted!!!

:tazz:

;)