Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Maxtor One Touch not recognized

• Please log in to reply

sottovoce

sottovoce

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Maxtor One Touch III mini is no longer recognized by my Windows XP. It used to be working until today (about two years) - yesterday was perfectly fine.
I plugged it in today and my system froze. When I disconnected it system was immediately fine. Then it wasn't detected. I was connecting and disconnecting the device - usually nothing happened, but sometimes system found it but when I tried to access it the system froze again. I can't do nothing connected to the device because my computer stops working, I can't even run troubleshooting. I'm very upset because I have some data there I don't wanna loose...
I tried to find some help in the web, and I found some bad reviews about the device and I'm afraid that there is nothing I can do. Currently I'm installing the software for the Maxtor (I never used it before because it worked without it) - maybe it will help.
Maybe someone had a similar problem that was solved..? If yes please, help me. And it is not a USB problem - other devices work well.

;(

Advertisements