Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply

skitzz

skitzz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey geeks, i registered here mainly because of this super weird problem concerning my keyboard. All was well and good till yesterday , when something happened that has me pulling my hair out. My keyboard has set certain hotkeys for certain actions on its own . For example, when i press the ESC key, my computer is executed. When im browsing on IE, if i press TAB , favourites shoots up. There are more , pressing "A" opens the start menu.

Well, i tried uninstalling the keyboard from device manager so that windows would install it on its own on the next reboot. That didnt solve the problem. I tried searching on google too. I couldnt even find anything remotely similar to this. I dont have any specific drivers installed for the keyboard.

Any suggestion would be great :)

Advertisements

skitzz

skitzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh and btw , my system is free of any viruses or spyware .

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This sounds like stuck keys or a keyboard that's actually electronically damaged. Have you tried it on another computer?

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey there! I would have to agree and say that you should try the same keyboard on another computer to see if you have the same problem.. If you do, you're probably better off getting a new keyboard.. especially before you pull all your hair out! :)