Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

losing connection to all web locations [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hello, thanks for the reply.. I have a good news for you.. Your log looks clean to my eyes :)

Now for some cleanup..
  • Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

NEXT

Please Install/Update Sun Java

Updating Java:
  • Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs.
  • Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java. (J2SE Runtime Environment.... )
  • It should have next icon next to it: Posted Image
  • Select it and click Remove. This will uninstall the previous (outdated) version of Java.
  • Then Download and install the newest version from here: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 6

NEXT

Let's clean your Restore Points and set a new one:

Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous Restore Points which are likely to be infected)
To create a new Restore Point.
  • On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • Check Turn off System Restore.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK. This will flush your old System Restore.
  • Then please UNCHECK the Turn off System Restore.
  • Click again on Apply, and then click OK. This will create a new Restore Point
System Restore will now be active again

If you are using Windows Vista, please go HERE for tutorial on how to use, disable and enable System Restore

NEXT

I noticed that you already have:

1. Avast! as your antivirus
2. Nvidia Firewall as your firewall
3. MalwareBytes' as your antispyware :)

Lastly, to keep your operating system up to date please visit the link below monthly

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this excellent article by Tony Klein: So how did I get infected in the first place?

Please also read an excellent article by miekiemoes :Help! My computer is slow!

And another excellent article by CastleCops Malware Prevention: Prevent Re-infection

Please reply to this thread once more and tell us about the computer behaviour before we can close this thread :)

Have a safe and happy computing day!

Regards
fenzodahl512

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.