I've just managed to getmy PC malware/trojan free courtesy of Mike at the Malware removal forum, so if anyone could helpme tidy up broken and loose ends to get my PC back on track, that'd be massively appreciated
My PC became incredibly infected, to the point of the following issues with XP Pro (SP1);
- Cant copy/paste
- Startbar was missing
- RPC Server constantly unavailable
- Can't do a system restore
- Cant load Windows Media Player
- Soundcard's been uninstalled and won't reinstall
- Various programs don't run
- Search/Help doesn't run
- Most Importantly; the startup time is a lot longer than normal.
Also, it tries to boot up a non-existant installation CD of Windows which isn't even in my CD Drive at startup.
If anyone could help me fix this, I'd be hugely thankful.
Link to Resolved Malware Thread; http://www.geekstogo...an-t199718.html