Recently my CRT screen stopped working and so I decided to get a LCD monitor. I found there were many widescreen monitors present.
My computer is quite old with a Geforce4 mx420 graphics card. The Lcd im interested in is the LGE W2242T-BF.
LCD Monitor details:
DFC (Digital Fine Contrast ratio) 8000:1
Experience clear and sharp images on an LG FLATRON LCD.
Colors literally jump off the screen.
Ideal for Movies
• Optimized for maximum image brightness
- Suitable for moving images with various brightness levels. e.g. movies, cartoons, games, photos, etc.
• Enjoy clear, crisp, and bright images
Advanced Dark Color Control
• Displays top-quality dark images
- Images remain clear even on dark backgrounds
• Superior range of dark colors
• Automatically displays perfect black tones
• As real as it gets
- As if looking at a real object
• Reduces eye strain when looking at small image
4:3 in Wide
EWith the 4:3 in Wide Funtion, no more distorted images!
Enjoy original 4:3 images with an LG Wide Monitor!
• When playing a 4:3 format game
- Real 4:3 images look clear
- Easy to control games accurately
• If you use a PC that doesn't support wide aspect ratio
- Distorted characters and non-life-like scenes.
Device : 22" Wide Screen LCD Monitor
Brightness : 300cd/m2
Contrast Ratio : 8000:1 (DFC)
Viewing Angle : 170/170 (Horizontal/Vertial)
Response Time : 5ms
Resolution : 1680 x 1050
Supported Colours : 16.7M Colours
Horizontal Frequency : 30 ~ 83 KHz
Vertical Frequency : 56 ~ 75 Hz
Input Signal : RGB Analog Signal / Digital Signal
Input Ports : 15-PIN D-sub, DVI-D
Power Type : LIPS (LCD Integrated Power Supply)
Normal Power Consumption : 40W
Suspend/Standby : Less than 3W
Power off mode : Less than 3W
Special Feature : 4:3 in Wide, HDCP, zoom, intelligent auto, photo effect.
Would my graphics card be compatible with this monitor?
PS im a newbie to LCD monitors.