Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low vitual memory & my mouse freezes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I've been recieving a low virtual memory message sometimes when I try to run The Sims2 PC game. It doesn't happen every time, when it does the game continues to run. Also, my mouse has been freezing for over 3 weeks now, and I have to take out the plug and reconnect it, in order for it to work. I updated my mouse in device manager, and it didn't work. It usually happens like every 15 minutes. Also my computer has been running slower lately. I recently used geekstogo to remove some malware on my pc. Is this because of my low virtual memory?

Advertisements

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
512 MB of RAM

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Sorry, I'm just now getting back. I haven't recieved the message lately. I thought that maybe I just needed more RAM so I installed a 1GB stick. I now have 1.25GB of RAM. I did this yesterday, and my mouse has yet to freeze, but my computer continues to run slowly. Also I only run one program at a time, because of how slow my computer has been running.

Edited by Dazed&Confused08, 23 June 2008 - 05:20 PM.

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
It has now been three days since I installed more RAM and my mouse has started to freeze again.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
1. In the mouse properties program, under the hardware tab click on properties. There you can increase the :Sample Rate and :Input Buffer Length. This solve problem on Windows XP.

2. It sounds like a bad mouse port. Try using a serial mouse instead.

Regards,

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
i think this may be a malware issue, because since adding more RAM my mouse only freezes when my system slows and my programs fail to load. I don't think its a memory problem anymore, but a system problem. thank you

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
What kind of mouse u have.

Regards,

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
its the usb connected mouse that came with my dell pc.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Turn off computer. Try another USB port. Turn on computer.

Regards,

Dazed&Confused08

Dazed&Confused08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
thanks for trying to help, but my issue isn't just the mouse. I'm gonna seek help with a malware issue. If someone could please close this post. THANK YOU

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Then please follow the instructions in this link if you would like to receive help in the Malware Removal forum.

Regards,