Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Never seen before, Problem with Add and Remove Programs List

• Please log in to reply

ALM21089

ALM21089

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, well I am pretty good with computers and fixing problems when they arise on them, but recently I found something wrong with my computer that no AVG or McAfee program can fix. I was going into my Add or Remove programs list to remove a few programs that I do not use anymore, I had only been in the Add or Remove programs list a few days prior to remove some childish games and it was normal. But when I went to remove a few others the other day only a couple of the programs I have installed on my computer were showing up and all the rest were very weirdly named programs that I can not remove, it only shows the name how much it is used and the size.
I took a screen shot of the Add or Remove program list but its only the top half.
Like I said no virus scanning program can figure out what is wrong or remove what is wrong.
Posted Image

Also if i run msconfig on my computer and try to change anything in there after hitting apply i get this message:
"An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an Administrator Account to make the specified changes."

Even though I am the only account on the computer with the Administrator power.
I know this iis getting long but I also found 4 Trojans attached to my AIM program and when I went to delete it I could not because it did not show up in my Add or Remove programs list and when I did it manually the file completely disappears until I restart the computer and then the program returns.

If any one could help me that would be wonderful.

Advertisements

ALM21089

ALM21089

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:)