Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help- Computer keeps crashing!

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
is it still crashing on you...

Advertisements

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
thanks for your help, i appreciate it. i have not really used it much today so far. i will let you know if it crashes again.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
ok...let us know :)

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
hi there
it seems that since i have installed these drivers- that i cannot get computer sounds and i get no audio from youtube videos. I have tried installing the drivers from the nvidia driver cd disc but i am still not getting any audio from youtube. the sounds on the playback videos on my computer work however i am getting no sound on aol or youtube.

Edited by BReal59, 08 June 2008 - 01:26 PM.

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
sorry, i have had to restore the computer back to an earlier time to get the sounds back. maybe i should just install all of the biostar drivers except for the on board audio.

Edited by BReal59, 08 June 2008 - 01:32 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you probably only needed to install shockwave player to get the sound working...
still not crashing... :)

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
thanks. so far it has not crashed.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
no news is good news.... :)

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
thanks for your help, i appreciate it. the computer seems to be functioning without crashing so far although i have not really had much time to use it this week.

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
sorry that i didnt ask for advice earlier but i have not had much time to go on the forums, but since we have last spoke my computer seems to have gotten worse and it is still crashing unexpectedly at random times and to a more regular extent.
can you help me please?
when i use the computer i sometimes leave it on all day, every day, could this have anything to do with how it is performing?

Edited by BReal59, 09 July 2008 - 02:22 AM.

Advertisements

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
STOP: 0X0000000A (0X82EEB258, 0X00000002, 0x00000000, 0x806EB2D6)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello BReal59...

The error you're receiving is most often associated with bad device drivers. Did the error message include a mention of a file name...that would help to narrow this down. Failing hardware can also cause this error.

Do you have an XP installation cd in case we need to run some repairs?

wannabe1

BReal59

BReal59

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
thanks for ur reply.
no, there was no file name mentioned when it went to the BSOD. i have an xp installation disc.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you get this BSOD often?

What was the last driver installed, do you know?

Try running the machine in safe mode for a while, do the BSOD's stop while running in safe mode?

Please download and run WinAudit on the machine. Save a report in HTML format...this will generate three files. E-mail the file named Right.htm to me...I'll PM you with the address to send it to. This report will give me information on what's going on in your machine.

There is a short video tutorial for doing this audit HERE.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
After looking over the report, all I see are a slew of explorer.exe hangs. While this points to the problem area, it isn't giving me the cause.

You stated in your e-mail that you had to open WinAudit using WinRar. Do all executables have to be opened this way...or can they be opened this way?