Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Administrator Password to format VISTA to XP

• Please log in to reply

Lifein8one3

Lifein8one3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I know my administrator Password to Vista but im positive it isnt the same as the one they are asking for. I have entered it countless amounts of times. Im trying to Format Vista and put XP on it instead as my OS but i keep getting to a Screen that asks for my Administrator Password when im trying to Recover ( The one that is Attached)
I have a HP Pavillion model a6113w with 4GB of RAM and a 7600GS Graphic card I bought this Computer with Vista pre-installed and bought XP Home edition after i realized that Vista wasnt gonna cut it for me. any advice would help greatly I have no idea what Password they are talking about becuase i use my Vista password to log in after my failed attempt at installing XP. i did a recovery of VISTA before i tried to install XP to make things run smoother.

Attached Thumbnails

• _cid_2A975994_A693_4D6F_BC27_7EBCFE2B1081.jpg

Advertisements

xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
try this first you need to know that everything on your computer will be deleted if you are ok with that.

Load the cd into the cd rom drive

1. if your bios is set to boot from the cd first you should see a black screen thats says hit any key to continue. Hit any key

2. you will get a blue screen which will start to read from the disk. If you are using SCSI or anything else load the drivers required if not let it continue.

3 . when it is done loading press enter to install windows it will ask to agree with the terms do this by pushing F8.

4. now you should see a box listing your partitions hit D then enter then L to delete the partition.

5. now select the unpartitioned space and create a partition and do a quick format.

now windows will start to install I hope this helps you

Edited by xxdanielxx, 05 June 2008 - 12:17 AM.