Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Esystem 3115 dark screen?

• Please log in to reply

nesslin78

nesslin78

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello all,
I am new to all this but I will try my best :-)

My 11 yr old son borrowed my neighbours laptop the Eststem 3115. He returned it broken! We dont know what he has done to it but the screen is really really dark. We have tried the brightness button but nothing works and you can hardly see the screen at all to be able to use a mouse or anything but you can see it just about enough to know the computer is working. So I have been trawling the internet to try and find answers because I feel really bad and may end up having to buy them a new one :-(

Any ideas?

blooming kids eh! lol

many thanks vanessa x

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
sounds like the invertor board has gone bad or possibly the backlight has gone out... last time I replaced an invertor they were going for around $80... backlights can be more difficult to find and replace...

--- edit ---

if you are not familiar/comfortable with working with electronics/small devices you should probably take it someplace.

Edited by shard92, 05 June 2008 - 11:23 AM.