Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

undeletable file on vista

• Please log in to reply

shoodoo

shoodoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
There's this file on my desktop called Spacerangers2-dm.exe, I cant delete it, when i try it tells me "the action could not be completed because the file is open in another program"

The file is left over from the spacerangers 2 demo, I saw someone with a similar problem on this forum, and tried the advise that worked for him, but I still have this file on my desktop, and its annoying me.

What i tried was to get unlocker, but it seems to be linked to a number of explorer.exe [insert appropriate term]. Unsurprisingly what happened when i tried shutting down these processes is that explorer stopped working. And i still couldnt delete the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, please forgive the lack of techspeak, I am technologically challenged.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Now it is time to use EMCO Move-on-Boot to get rid of this file.

http://www.emco.is/p...ot/features.php

SRX660