Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

forwarding mail

• Please log in to reply

Kraker

Kraker

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
When I forward an email I like to clean it up by taking off all the previous email addresses. Occ I get mail that the previous address will not delete or erase. I have one now that must have been forwarded 100 times & I can't clear any of them. Why is this? I'm just curious. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
What email client are you using? I have the same problem occasionally with IncrediMail and have to take it letter by letter or one line by one line in chucks.

If you are using Outlook Express, you can set OE to allow you to edit the source code and delete the addresses from there. One of the many things I like about OE as I always use to put in my own code for videos to play in my emails.

Possible trick you can try is to click Reply and see if you can set the email to Plain Text and then edit the addresses out. I've also copied an email into NotePad or even Word, edited there and copied/pasted back into an email to be sent.

There also have been some emails sent to me with context as an image so no editing could be performed. Tjose I just made a screen capture and cropped the stuff out and removed whatever else I wanted in a Graphics Editor. Lot of extra steps, but it gets done the way I want it. :)

Ron

Kraker

Kraker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks Ron. I have OE & will try your suggestions.