Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing drivers; registry, NTLDR errors

• Please log in to reply

realillusion

realillusion

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer is sick :) I run windows XP home.

First problem: very recently, after booting up I receive an error saying that my ATI graphics driver is not installed. To fix this, I went to ATI's site and downloaded the .exe for my graphics card's drivers. I ran the .exe, but when the install is just about complete, my computer blue screens with a registry_error. Rebooting after this blue screen, however, has "fixed" the problem, ie my graphics driver is installed and computer seems to run fine.

Second problem: booting yesterday did not send me to the windows load screen. Dos told me that no NT loader was present. Powering down and rebooting seemed to fix that problem as well...

Today I booted with the same missing graphics driver error (4th time). Running the .exe still crashes with a registry error, but now when I reboot the graphics driver is still not installed.

Advertisements

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey there! You may want to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.. Other than that, have you checked for viruses or spyware on your machine?? You may want to check, just to eliminate that as a possible cause for all your different problems..