Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rollover Navigation not Aligning

• Please log in to reply

paydirt1

paydirt1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For some reason the rollover navigation isn't aligning with the rest of my header images.

There is a white gap between the top and rollover buttons.

Firefox and Safari - No good.
IE 7 - ok.
LINK TO PAGE

Does anyone see what wrong in my code?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Possibly these CSS errors and this HTML error.

You are using XHTML 1.0 Strict so your coding must be a little tighter. BTW, use of tables for page layouts went out in the 1990s. Know you don't want to change to DIVs and CSS, but tables were really originally used for tabular data until people found out how easy it was to make a page. Now that the newer CSS and HTML 4.01 are the standards, tables just be replaced.

Let me know if correcting the coding errors helps.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 05 June 2008 - 02:38 PM.

paydirt1

paydirt1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Possibly these CSS errors and this HTML error.

You are using XHTML 1.0 Strict so your coding must be a little tighter. BTW, use of tables for page layouts went out in the 1990s. Know you don't want to change to DIVs and CSS, but tables are really originally used for tabular data until people found out how easy it was to make a page. Now that the newer CSS and HTML 4.01 are the standards, tables just be replaced.

Let me know if correcting the coding errors helps.

Ron

Oh, I thought I was living in 1995 again. LOL . Actually, if I knew how to set the header in complete CSS I would, but I don't. The problem didn't get solved by fixing the validations. It did move my main image over to the left though instead of centered. I just need to get this header gap fixed.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Taking a look right now. Will get back to you soonest.

BTW, these paths are incorrect and will not work: file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/dannyadair/Sites/pdm/images/retailLogo.png

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 05 June 2008 - 03:05 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Looks like you got it fixed for FF and IE, so will scrap my work here.

Ron

paydirt1

paydirt1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It was a long day trying to get it figure it out. I changed the page from Strict to Transitional and voila.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I had it done for FF with the same doctype, but since you have it done, no need to continue if you are happy using the transitional doc type. Glad you "got 'er dun". :)

Ron