Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant virus..it keeps coming back >.<

• Please log in to reply

Epic Fail

Epic Fail

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, I've run Avast! many times in the last few days, and it keeps finding the same Trojan's every time I do. It'll find them at 27% completion and 49% completion..and only if I'm actually awake the moment it finds the virus does it even matter, because it always freezes after I delete the virus and I have to close and restart the scanner, then I just get up and go out of the room again and the same thing happens again..and it's always the same [bleep] virus in some part of the system restore area that just won't go away. No other scanner I've got finds anything, with the exception of Ad-Aware which never finds anything of importance. I should have wrote down the virus name, but it didn't occur to me to even ask about it 'til now, and I imagine you could tell me how to get rid of a recurring virus without having to know exactly where it is anyway.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to go to the malware forum and follow their scanning procedures and then make a post of your scans. Then just wait for someone to help you. Some of these trojans are well beyond the skill of the ordinary user and need special tools to find what they are and remove them.