Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Planing on buying parts for a new pc and could someone recheck if all

• Please log in to reply

iman7

iman7

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have been taking my time with an AGP computer and it has served me well. Well except for when the mobo broke down the first month I bought it.

Processor: Intel E4600 Core 2 Duo

Mobo: ECS 945PT-A2/1333

RAM: 2x 2Gb Transcend DDR2 667

Graphics Card: Inno3D 8500GT 512ddr2

SATA HDD: 250gb Western Digital SATA

Reusing parts:

Lite-On LH-20A1P DVD RW
Hitachi 80Gb IDE Hard Drive

Also, the 945PT-A2 is for FSB1333 processors should the Intel E4600 work even though it's bus speed is only 800 Mhz.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The 4600 will be fine. The FSB1333 ratings just means the board will take processors that run at FSB1333 as well as those that don't run at FSB1333.

iman7

iman7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Do you think I should upgrade to an SLI mobo? Sure, I'm not going to get 2 graphics cards now, but I think it would come in handy somewhere in the future.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

If you aren't running SLI now, don't bother with it.

And there's no point running SLI with two of those 8500GT's, as there are many higher end cards that perform much better. SLI is for people who have the best - and want more!

Cheers

Troy