Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

toolbar and tabs questions

• Please log in to reply

aaaa44

aaaa44

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I have an extra toolbar that I don't need on the top of my screen under the navigation toolbar. It shows the tabs of sites I've visited. When I go into view>toolbars I don't see it listed. Windows tabs are already shown on the bottom of my screen, so I don't need the top toolbar. How do I get rid of this toolbar? Also, the icons on the bottom of the screen toolbar won't line up in one row anymore; instead they stack on top of each other. Before, I used to be able to just lower the bottom toolbar with my mouse and all the icons would line up in a single row, and if there were too many icons for the single row a drop down menu would appear on the right to access the rest of the icons which is what I want. I have right clicked Start and in Properties have played with all the options, but I can't get the icons to stop stacking. I have checked "Group Similar Taskbar Icons", but doing so only gives a drop down for each individual icon that represents more than one window. I used to have one drop down for all the icons put together when they exceeded the length of the bottom toolbar with no grouping within any individual icon which is what I want again. Thanks for any replies.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to add/remove programs in the control panel...remove the toolbar...IMHO...you should remove ALL the toolbars
they cause all kinds of strange problem and are unnecessary