Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a new high graphic performance pc

• Please log in to reply

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Exactly what items are you still deciding on? If you aren't certain for the DVD Burner, then let me put it this way. Pioneer might possibly make a longer lasting drive, which might not make a difference for you. However, the Samsung ones I have probably perform as good as the Pioneers. So the Samsung would be my choice. Unless you absolutely do not care about burning CD's or DVD's. At which point you might look into plain DVD Drives, or BRD Drive if you want to spend a lot of money for HD.

For the case, the Antec 900 I have seems to have good airflow, with a small problem with noise (which I see as an equal tradeoff since its not a lot of noise). Since you don't care about looks, we still might need to know how you balance air flow vs noise level, along with a little bit of features (features might not have any importance to you at all).

Other than that, is there anything else you want to discuss?

Advertisements

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
well i got a new info. the loan only works if i buy the stuff from quebec. wich is a province in canada.
the loan is from the governement so it kinda makes sence
so, it needs to be parts that can be found in quebec (im farely sure we can have 90% of the whole US parts)

i dont care about looks. i care about noise yes. i also care that the comp wont grab [bleep] loads of dust
i used to smoke weed next to my comp's fans (side of the case with side fans) and it was getting full of thin dust mad fast. but its probably the smoking that made it happen haha

so. i was naming the peices so you guys give ur thoughts on parts etc, since i havnt bought them

for the dvd burner. good quality for a low cost would be nice. but i dont care if it cant burn playstation games (i rly dont care about console game burning).