Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Numerous problems from infection

• Please log in to reply

Christy_903

Christy_903

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey all! I've read all the guides and followed all posted advice. I had a LOT of problems from something my son downloaded and I THINK I've fixed most of them. I still have some problems tho to work on and need help on.

- I believe something got switched around in the BIOS cuz whenever I start my computer I get a message: Floppy Disk seek failure...Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility.

-After hitting F1, it starts up just fine, except for another screen that briefly shows that says: \systemroot\windows\system32\autochk.exe not found...skipping Autocheck

-Then once I do get on the desktop, my clock shows the 24-hour time instead of the 12. In otherwords, military time and I can't figure out where to change that.

-Last, on the desktop I get the error message: Error Loading C:\windows\system32\lrltnwex.dll

Umm, I believe that's it for now! lol Any help would be appreciated and I can post HijackThis log if wanted. I probably can post ANY log you want seeing how I've run about every scan available out there!! :)

Thanks in advance-
Christy

Advertisements