Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WoW got hacked into

• Please log in to reply

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Yeah, my son's pent d 3.0 with world of warcraft got hacked into.
The person took the account.
We got it back by calling and explaining and changing email and password.

Then he did it again. Hacked into it and set a parental thing on it. So after midnight it's not operational. And I think he may have stolen this account as well.

So running all the scans I can think of plus what you have listed in 'read this first'.

It's about 20% into Panda.

Took out all the restore points-stopped system restore.

My sons think it's a keylogger but I don't know.
Ran-
spybot
superantispyware
avast
ATF
Malwarebytes
And now finishing Panda.

Any more I can do?

I think the problem is in the game (of course) and not the whole computer or possibly not even the wow part on our end but in wow's servers, our account keeps getting hijacked.

My wife found them up at 3:30 last nite trying to fix it. She sent em to bed and shut down the net. I got up and I'm learning what happened...lol.

Apparently my son's know about this person whopever it is, and emailed them :) lol...

Don't know the rest of the story, my kids 17 and 19 are still asleep while dad runs some scans.

O yeah and I couldn't get IE7 to load up though it would be in the taskbar but it would not maximize.

Fortunately I have my own backdoor into his computer.
He uses IE7 while I use Firefox.
Crazy kid likes IE7, kind of good though.
Anyway, I can get in with firefox and have to run these scans.

What do you think?

WoW server problem? or there might be something on the computer?

Panda will be a while yet before it's done.
It's my last scan.....so far.

Edit-

IE7 does work, he had it opening on the second monitor which was turned off, sorry.

Edit 2 -

My son told me he ran hijack this twice during the entire thing in order to find the key logger, so he has those logs. I also ran one in the morning. Here they are, with them in order of time they were created. They are attached to this post.

Attached Files

Edited by cmpm, 08 June 2008 - 09:58 AM.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Found that succer!

Used Process Explorer and googled the unknowns.
Deleted all of the dangerous files.