Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HiJackThisLogInside Please Help [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes I was able to change the background...what should I do next?

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Cleanup::
  • Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
===============
Upgrading Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 6.
  • Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u6-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

=============================
Delete\uninstall anything else that we have used.

System Restore
Then I will need you to reset your System Restore points.
The link below shows how to create a clean restore point.
How to Turn On and Turn Off System Restore in Windows XP
http://support.micro...kb/310405/en-us
=====================================
After that your log is clean. :)

The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people.
You do not have to have all or any of them they are only suggestions.
This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.

Spybot Search & Destroy-Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.

Spyware Blaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.

Spywareguard-Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.

IE-SPYAD- puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.

Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.

Tony Klein article To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein.

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hey i just wanted to make sure i wanted to "turn off system restore"...also my computer still seems to be running slow....

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Yes you do want to turn it off then after reboot you uncheck the box to turn it back on.
========================================
The following items below are optionals that may or may not help speed up your computer.
Checking these items removes them from startup and can all be started manually.

Please re-open Hijackthis and choose "Do a system scan only"
Then place a check mark next to these entries below:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe

Then click on "Fix Checked" then close Hijackthis.
=================================
Let me know if that helps with the speed of the computer.

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
This really did not help with the speed.....websites will load up very quickly but when it comes to signing in such as google email or my school website it takes forever and will not load up

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
What errors do you get when those pages wont load?

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i do not get any error messages....it just stops in the middle of loading and it does not move anymore

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Try to clean your browser cache.
To do this :
Go to the top right hand corner to the Tools option.
Then Click on Tools and then choose Internet Options.
THen under Browsing History Click on Delete.
Then Choose Delete all.
Place a check next to Delete files stored by addons.
Restart your Computer then try those Sites again.
Let me know if that helps.

Edited by kahdah, 15 June 2008 - 05:48 PM.

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
right hand corner of what?

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Your browser.

Advertisements

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i am not able to find that tools option

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i am not able to find that tools option

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Open Internet Explorer hit the Alt button on your keyboard then see if it visible in the top Left hand corner.
I am attaching a picture for you to see what it looks like.

[attachment=21500:Untitled.jpg]

tiny1982

tiny1982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i am sorry but i am still having the same problem...as i said the pages will load up but once i sign on/in the page stops in the middle and does not go any further...it is very slow

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Ok Well since this is not a malware issue anymore I suggest you start a new topic in the Web Browsers and E-Mail forum.
You can find that forum here > http://www.geekstogo...-Email-f26.html
If you have no further issues\concerns I will close this topic.