Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to use D & E Drives

• Please log in to reply

volcar

volcar

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I am experiencing a very strange with my system the nature of which is as follows.
I am unable to save any files on my Jump (E) Drive (despite the fact that it has a lot of free space) whenever I attempt saving a file I receive the following message: “Error Copying File or Folder. Cannot copy (File Name) the Directory of File cannot be created”. I also have the similar problem with my DVD-RW Drive (D:), however, it’s different in that with my D: drive it shows the disk full (i.e. no free space) despite the fact that the disk is new & has absolutely no data on it. It should that the DVD-RW Drive is a LiteOn SHOW-1673S model & came with Nero OEM Suite software, however, I had to remove it as it was causing my system to reboot whenever I placed a disk in the tray of the DVD-RW Drive. Consequently, I am interested in knowing whether there is any other (free) program similar to Nero OEM Suite that I can use to manage my DVD-RW Drive.
I am using this medium to solicit assistance in resolving these two problems as they are having a severe impact on my ability to fully utilize my system.
As usual any & all response/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
CD units: Windows flags (blank) CDs as being full until you've wrote some data on them. Are you sure the problem is with Nero and not the drive itself? If the drive has an issue then its pointless changing the CD writing software.

Jump Drive: How many files are in the root of the drive? You can only store 512 files. Make a new folder then there is no limit to the number of file you can keep in it.

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi Neil, Thanks for the response it's greatly appreciated. The CD aren't blank they all have some data on them. I am convinced that Nero has some contribution to my problem due to the fact that in order to prevent my system from rebooting whenever I placed a CD in the unit I had to download LiteOn latest firmware & remove Nero from my system.
Regarding the Jump Drive I was not aware that there is a limited amount of files (512) that can be stored, consequently, I will create a folder as per your advice.
Thanks again for the info.

Edited by volcar, 08 June 2008 - 05:31 PM.

volcar

volcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Neil tried to create the folder on the jump drive as you recommended, however, I am getting a similar error message (“Error Copying File or Folder. Cannot copy (File Name) the Directory of File cannot be created”) when I attempt to same a file on the jump drive. I am now totally confused & at a lost on how to resolve this annoying problem

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The 512 limit includes folders so move a file or two off before you make a new folder. Also remember to copy the files to the new folder and not the root.