Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP desktop icons flashing and ie reloading

• Please log in to reply

figmentos

figmentos

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Over the last week, about 3 times, when i turn on the computer it will load and then all the desktop icons will flash randomnly like crazy, and when i go into IE the page will reload when i try to type something, and when i open a new page the title bar and the loading text at the bottom of the page will flash like crazy and not load the page. Ive tried restarting the computer a couple times but it hasnt helped today, the last two times ive just turned the computer off and come back another day and it will be fine?

What should i do?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi figmentos..welcome to G2G..
sorry for the late reply

did you try system restore..go back at least 2 weeks before the problem started

Edited by happyrck, 14 June 2008 - 05:18 PM.

figmentos

figmentos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No i didnt try that, I finally got my Trendmicro working and got a scan done (it wasnt working either) and it cleaned up some stuff. I havnt had it happen since so heres hoping its been fixed. Thanks for replying.

bithass

bithass

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I currently have a similar problem by the sounds of it however i cant go back to system restore - for some reason it wont go back to the previous month.

Lee-Dub

Lee-Dub

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Same here. Would ony let me restore to the previous day. I have my own post blem. Cheers. :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi bithass..welcome to G2G... :)
you need to start your own topic...although your problems may sound similiar they can have completely different solutions...if nobody starts helping in your thread after 1 day...PM me with a link to your thread...
please provide all the info you can...it will speed up the process of fixing your system...

Edited by happyrck, 24 July 2008 - 04:15 PM.

matt_fletch

matt_fletch

• Pip
  • 8 posts
This has happened to me for the last few months now.
Nothing is coming up on the various virus scans I've been doing and it's extremely frustrating.

Please help!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi matt_fletch..welcome to G2G... :)
you need to start your own topic...although your problems may sound similiar they can have completely different solutions...if nobody starts helping in your thread after 1 day...PM me with a link to your thread...
please provide all the info you can...it will speed up the process of fixing your system...