Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows cannot find site

• Please log in to reply

cigos

cigos

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hello Again Folks,
Just recently when I click my Email icon for Hotmail, on the desktop, a dialog box appears saying, 'Windows cannot find http etc etc.. are you sure you typed in correct address etc etc' and almost immediately Mozilla Firefox produces the Hotmail page, anyway. This is an annoying little box which I can do without.
Can anyone tell me why it is appearing, and, how I can rid myself of this troublesome pest?

Thanks in anticipation, as you never let me down.

Gigos

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to enter hotmail not through the shortcut on the desktop. Open firefox and enter hotmail. When there, recreate a new shortcut and delete the old one.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I have tried to set up a new desk top short-cut but the message still keeps appearing. It even came up when I clicked my bookmark for Geeks to Go. Perhaps I am not following the proper procedure for setting up a new desk top short-cut. It is only a small problem but certainly annoying. Anyone help me further on this?

Cigos