Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

stevfunn

stevfunn

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Recently, I reinstalled Windows XP due to some viruses that were on my system. My dad had bought the laptop (Lenovo IBM Thinkpad T41 2373) overseas and it didn't come with a drivers CD. Even so, I downloaded all the relevent drivers from Lenovo site and reinstalled Windows. However, when I check Device Manager, I find that under OTHER DEVICES, there are these items with a yellow exclamation mark: Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Network Controller, PCI Modem, Unknown device and Video Controller (VGA Compatible).

I installed Lavalys EVEREST Ultimate Edition (trial) and found the relevent drivers needed. I installed the one's I could find which would let me access the Internet so that I could use the ThinkVantage System Update. However, I could only find the Ethernet Controller (Intel PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection (IBM) and Network Controller (Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B MiniPCI Adapter (IBM). I couldn't find the PCI Modem (Intel 8280 1BMD ICH4-M - AC'97 Modem Controller [A-1]). Even so, the Device Manager still says that I'm still missing Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Network Controller, PCI Modem, Unknown device and Video Controller (VGA Compatible).

Advertisements