Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Taskmgr errors since Service Pack 3 download

• Please log in to reply

Bolgarz

Bolgarz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Since I downloaded Microsofts Service Pack 3 for Win XP I have had nothing but MAJOR problems. System runs SLOW, tons of file errors were CPU quits responding and locks up. I have removed Service Pack 3 but seems like the uninstall has not gotten rid of system file errors. One example is Nvcpl.dll (Rundll) "Not enough Quota is available to process this command"

Attached Files

• Attached File  main.txt   27.72KB   78 downloads

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Take advantage of the free Micro$oft help being offered for SP3:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy, visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at http://support.micro...ecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP issues, visit the Help and Support site at http://support.micro...aspx?gprid=1173, and then choose your product.

Ron