Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP 10 Codecs-

• Please log in to reply

Zorminster

Zorminster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, Ive got a couple of movies and almost all are DivX. However I have one or two that are MPEG-2s. I could not find a codec that suited me last night. I ended up downloading a program called Video Lan- its a standalone player. It sucks. I hate it. Low frame rates, crashes, if you pause, fastforward or in anyway alter the movie from playing at 1x speed or wherever it is, it has about a 15 second lapse where audio and no video is shown. I was wondering if any of you could advise me on a free windows media player 10 codec for Mpeg2 files.

I am also wondering- does the DivX do SVCD or just Mpg4s? Sry- ive been outta the computer loop and wasnt ever very big into video compression and stuff. Thanks for helping!

Advertisements

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Try getting Media player classic. It is absolutely free and plays most files that windows media player cant play.

Cheers! :tazz: