Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Downgraded, need help with drivers

• Please log in to reply

matrixaffiliate

matrixaffiliate

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Before I begin PLEASE!!!!!!!! if you are one of the many who love Vista and can't believe that I would even think of downgrading, don't post silly comments about how great Vista is or what a mistake I've made or anything like that. PLEASE! I had my reasons for downgrading and I don't think it really matters in this instance.

Alright, like I said before I downgraded from Vista to XP on my new Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. I've got every driver working, except the audio. The driver is

SigmaTel STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio Driver 5.10.5790.3

and the driver obviously doesn't download on XP seeing as it was written for Vista. I'm looking for some sort of replacement, adapter, or XP version of this driver. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Advertisements

Kazzoo

Kazzoo

Visiting Consultant

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Greetings matrixaffiliate

First you might need the MS UAA driver for service pack 2, assuming you are at service pack 2. Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver (Q888111) for Windows XP with Service Pack 2)

From a Lenovo site link--------------->http://www-307.ibm.c...ocid=MIGR-65456

Then you need drivers for the card

From a Dell site link-------------->http://support.dell....pup&file=235761

If no success, I am pretty sure the xp drivers from the 1520 model will work.

Good luck

Kaz (vista enthusiast)

matrixaffiliate

matrixaffiliate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
THANK YOU! :) It worked like a charm and I now have sound again! :) And thank you for not rubbing it in my face that you were a Vista enthusiast. I don't mind Vista, but for work I have to have XP. My home computer does run Vista and I was sad to have to kill it on this laptop. Thanks again for the help! You're awesome!

Matrixaffiliate :)

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
i had the same problem on the e1505 series. dell started building the xp verisions for the laptop drivers 4 months after i bought the laptop as i found many people downgraded from vista to xp for there reasons.